- Master of Business Administration, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, Ca.
- Bachelor of Arts (economics and accounting), Scripps College, Claremont, Ca.
- Mayor of Laguna Beach, 2003 to 2004
- Mayor Pro-tem of Laguna Beach, 2007 to present
- Laguna Beach City Council, 2000 to present
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, California League of Cities, 2003 to 2004
- Laguna Beach Planning Commission, 1995 to 2000
- Laguna Beach Parking, Traffic and Circulation Committee, 1994-1995
- Laguna Beach Parking Sticker Concept Task Force, 1994
- Laguna Beach Village Entrance Task Force, 1995-1996
- Kinsman & Kinsman, Certified Public Accountants, partner
- Laguna Beach Neighborhood Watch, board member and treasurer, 1994-present
- Laguna Presbyterian Church, Sunday school teacher, 1996-2001
- North Laguna Community Association, board member and past president, 1992-2001
Mayor pro-tem Cheryl Kinsman